Wednesday, March 9, 2016

AIR 2016 Week Two, Weaving

All the textile arts borrow and exchange motifs, ideas, and techniques and materials from one another.  Tomorrow's Artist in Residence session will be fun!  I'll be  showing completed works and a work in progress, in weaving.  This is not your grandma's loom!  all kinds of materials and ideas get into here if you're not careful.

This piece won a Best in Show award a while back, so he's stopping by for a visit, with other weavings


I'll be bringing in raw materials to show, as well as the various looms I've used (artist made, very very simple, the work is done by the artist, not the loom) and I'm looking forward to another afternoon of sharing and teaching and asking and answering.

Thursday, March 10, 2-4 p.m. at Plainsboro Public Library. Look for me at the big windows near the gallery.  No sign-up, just show up!

2 comments:

  1. have a great day I am sure you will be very busy with people asking questions and admiring your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could just show up - it would be such fun to see your work in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.