Friday, December 14, 2012

That was then and this is now....




Too bad the artist can't develop as fast. Here are my finished "tiles". The original image was a closeup of my face, taken by obliging Tatiana, another of the artist group, and processed, with transparencies, varying degrees of intensity xeroxes, by Donna Senopoulos, the gallery manager and manager of this project -- she's an artist, as you can guess. So here's where it's at.

The charcoal drawing is one I did many years ago, not of my own face, but resembling it somewhat at that period, as most drawings of faces tend to resemble the artist. Then there's a paper weaving with a stenciled nautilus image, in another, and a "series" of artist faces in another, superimposed on paintings, and a painting of my workbasket packed with scraps and bits, in another. That last one is probably a good analog of the artist mind, come to think of it. Anyway, here it is.

And here am I. This is the day before my birthday, so I thought it was a good way of leaving the old year with a bang!

7 comments:

  1. may i be the first to wish you a very happy birthday.
    Your faces are so well done, I can not draw at all so enjoy seeing other people`s creations, you have certainly put a good collection together here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very interesting, great way to celebrate...happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first picture gives me a very strange and a bit unpleasant feeling. Is it what she want to say ?
    the other picture are interesting too. I especialy like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that first one is disturbing. It's one way of seeing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Bubble Jet Set is the liquid you need to treat for own fabric for printing. For the sheets and rolls I buy that are already treated, I get them at Joann Fabrics in either the quilt or the wearable art section. There are several brands. Electric Quilt puts one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sandy == for blogistas not aware of this context, it's about S printing out a photo onto treated fabric as part of an artwork. I wanted to know what you ask for if you want the fabric in question. So now I know, and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I miss your birthday? Happy birthday and Happy Holidays! Just catching up with some blog reading. Great project, all the faces look different and are very different in techniques from what other people were doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.